For children – 5-10 ml after food, twice a day
For Adults -20ml after food, twice a day or as directed by the physician.
450ml x 3
Amrutharishtam is an ayurvedic classical preparation used mainly in the treatment of fever of all origin. It is also found effective in the treatment of diseases of digestive system.
It is known to act immediately in fever reducing the temperature and body pain.It is effective in Bacterial and viral fevers, cholera, malaria, typhoid, chikungunya, dengue,tuberculosis, fevers associated with arthritis.
In digestive disorders:
Amrutharishtam reduces aggravation of pitta dosha and reduces ama formation. It helps in detoxification of the blood and eliminates the toxins from the blood. Its action is quick and upon the immune system. Thus it can cure diseases of the spleen, liver, skin, stomach, intestine and blood.
In arthritis/joint disorders:
Ayurveda explains that the root cause of joint pains associated with stiffness and heaviness is due to the presence of toxins (ama) in the body. Amrutharishtam is an excellent medicine for removing root cause of the disease.
Recommended diet and lifestyle while taking Amrutharishtam:
- Take a bland diet without spice, Salt and Sour taste.
- Avoid intake of curd
- Take a soupy diet with rice and pulses/ khichdi
- Avoid intake of alcohol, pickles, junk foods.
- Avoid exposure to sun
- Amrita (Giloya – Indian tinospora)
- Bilva (Bael- Aegle marmelos)
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Gambhari (Gmelina arborea)
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Agnimantha (Premna mucronata)
- Shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum)
- Prishnaparni (Uraria picta)
- Brihati (Solanum melongena var. Indicum )
- Kantakari (Solanum surattense)
- Gokshura – Tribulusterrestris
- Guda – Jaggery
- Shweta Jiraka (Cuminum cyminum )
- Parpataka (Fumaria parviflora)
- Saptacchada ( Alstonia scholaris)
- Shunti (Zingiber officinale)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Nagakeshara (Mesua ferrea)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Katuki (Picrorrhriza kurroa)
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Indrayava (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Since the preparation contains jaggery, it should be taken by diabetics with caution.
- This medicine contains 8-12% self generated alcohol in it. Hence should be diluted according to the age and strength of each individual.
- At very high doses, it may cause severe gastric irritation
- It is always better to consult an ayurvedic physician before taking any ayurvedic medicine.