Amrutharishtam is an ayurvedic classical preparation used mainly in the treatment of fever of all origin. It is also found effective in the treatment of diseases of digestive system. It works as an anti-pyretic, anti- inflammatory and anti – allergic in its action. It is also given for other ailments according to the condition of the patient to improve digestive and absorptive functions of the GIT.
It is known to act immediately in fever reducing the temperature and body pain.It is effective in Bacterial and viral fevers, cholera, malaria, typhoid, chikungunya, dengue,tuberculosis, fevers associated with arthritis.
In digestive disorders:
Amrutharishtam reduces aggravation of pitta dosha and reduces ama formation. It helps in detoxification of the blood and eliminates the toxins from the blood. Its action is quick and upon the immune system. Thus it can cure diseases of the spleen, liver, skin, stomach, intestine and blood.
In arthritis/joint disorders:
Ayurveda explains that the root cause of joint pains associated with stiffness and heaviness is due to the presence of toxins (ama) in the body. Amrutharishtam is an excellent medicine for removing root cause of the disease.
Recommended diet and lifestyle while taking Amrutharishtam:
- Take a bland diet without spice, Salt and Sour taste.
- Avoid intake of curd
- Take a soupy diet with rice and pulses/ khichdi
- Avoid intake of alcohol, pickles, junk foods.
- Avoid exposure to sun
For children – 5-10 ml after food, twice a day
For Adults -20ml after food, twice a day or as directed by the physician.
- Amrita (Giloya – Indian tinospora)
- Bilva (Bael- Aegle marmelos)
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Gambhari (Gmelina arborea)
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Agnimantha (Premna mucronata)
- Shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum)
- Prishnaparni (Uraria picta)
- Brihati (Solanum melongena var. Indicum )
- Kantakari (Solanum surattense)
- Gokshura – Tribulusterrestris
- Guda – Jaggery
- Shweta Jiraka (Cuminum cyminum )
- Parpataka (Fumaria parviflora)
- Saptacchada ( Alstonia scholaris)
- Shunti (Zingiber officinale)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Nagakeshara (Mesua ferrea)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Katuki (Picrorrhriza kurroa)
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Indrayava (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Since the preparation contains jaggery, it should be taken by diabetics with caution.
- This medicine contains 8-12% self generated alcohol in it. Hence should be diluted according to the age and strength of each individual.
- At very high doses, it may cause severe gastric irritation
- It is always better to consult an ayurvedic physician before taking any ayurvedic medicine.
VETTUMARAN GULIKA TABLET
Vettumaran gulika is an ayurvedic medicine in tablet form which is formulated based on Kerala Ayurvedic principles. It is used as a first aid medicine in the treatment of fever.
- Fever of all origin
- Abdominal colic pain
- Convulsion especially in Children due to fever
- Chicken-pox and Viral Infections
Carminative, Anti-pyretic, Anti-convulsive, Anti-emetic, Diuretic, and Analgesic.
1 tablet two times a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Anupana (Co- drink):
- In fever, it is administered along with fresh ginger juice
- In indigestion and bloating, it is administered along with Cumin seed decoction.
- In vomiting, it is given along with decoction of kacchura
- In absence of urination or difficulty in urination, it is given along with tender coconut water.
- In abdominal colic, it is given along with ajamoda arka(distilled portion of ajwain)
- In abdominal gaseous distension and tumour, it is given along with fresh garlic juice extract.
- Ponkaram – Tankana Bhasma – Borax
- Muluga – Maricha – Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Nabhi – Shuddha Vatsanabha Purified (Aconitum ferox)
- Jatilinga – Shuddha Hingula – Purified and processed Cinnabar (Mercury compound)
- Ajamoda – Ajowan (fruit) (Trachyspermum roxburghianum)
The above powder mixture is pounded along with fresh ginger juice extract (ardraka swarasa) and pills of the size of green gram are prepared and used.
Vettumaran Gulika works the best with :
- Amrutharishtam in fever
- Brihatyadi kashayam in urinary disorders
- Dasamoolajeerakarishtam in bloating and abdominal colic
- Vettumaran Gulika should not be taken without consulting with an ayurvedic physician
- This product contains heavy metal ingredients. Hence it should only be used after medical consultation.
- It is to be avoided in children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in cool dry place.
- Stick to the dosage prescribed by the doctor. Do not overdose.
- Take this product in specified dose for the specified time only.