Latin name - Phyllanthus niruri.
Family – Euphorbiaceae
An excellent treatment for liver and kidney diseases, Bhumi Amalaki can relieve symptoms of hepatitis and gall bladder dysfunction.
Known by Ayurvedic practitioners from ancient times, this winter weed has numerous natural benefits.
Though it sounds similar, Bhumi Amalaki is actually a small plant as opposed to the Indian Gooseberry (Amalaki) which is a full grown tree. The whole plant is medicinally useful in both fresh and dry form.
Here’s what Bhumi Amalaki can do for you:
- It is extremely effective in treating illnesses like jaundice and enlargement of the liver or spleen (hepatomegaly or spleenomegaly. It balances the pitta dosha and protects the liver by healing inflammations in the liver and digestive tract. The powder of Bhumi Amalaki or fresh paste taken with a glass of buttermilk or warm water on an empty stomach is an efficient remedy.
- It treats and eliminates hepatitis and heals the gall bladder.
- It promotes healthy skin.
- It improves taste and treats anorexia.
- Bhumi Amalaki is a first-rate remedy for anemia, bleeding disorders, neuropathy, excessive thirst, urinary disorders, asthma, chronic respiratory disorders, UTI and diabetes.
- Its astringent – bitter taste has antispasmodic, appetite promoting, anti hepatotoxic and laxative properties. It also works to protect cells.
Can be used to treat: Jaundice, UTI, Hepatitis, Gonorrhea, Liver carcinoma, Cystitis, UTI, Prostatitis, Hypertension, Menstrual Disorders and Anemia , Cholelithiasis (gall stones), Cholecystitis.
Dose: 3 to 6 gms with warm water, once or twice a day
Adverse reactions: None when used in prescribed dosage. Excess usage may cause increase in Vata Dosha and may worsen diarrhea or dysentery.
Ingredients: 100% Bhumyamalaki (Phyllanthus niruri).