Dasamoolajeerakarishtam is an effective combination of dasamoolarishtam and jeerakarishtam. Dasamoola are the root barks of ten drugs that are known to reduce vata – kapha dosha in the body. Jeeraka is an appetizer, stimulant of digestive fire and cleanses the uterus. The whole formulation acts as a digestive stimulant and cleanses the GIT.
Dasamoolajeerakarishtam is indicated in the following conditions:
- Impaired digestion
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Post partum period
- Lack of appetite.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- General oedema of the body
It is an excellent formulation for indigestion in adults as well as in children. This medicine is very effective in geriatric gastric complaints and bloating.
Recommended diet and lifestyle while taking Amrutharishtam:
- Take a bland diet without spice, Salt and Sour taste.
- Avoid intake of curd
- Avoid intake of alcohol, pickles, junk foods.
- For children - 5-10ml twice daily
- Adults - 15-30 twice or thrice daily
- As directed by the physician
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos )
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Gambhari (Gmelina arborea)
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Agnimantha (Premna mucronata)
- Shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum)
- Prishnaparni (Uraria picta)
- Brihati (Solanum indicum)
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Gokshura (Tribulus) – Tribulus terrestris
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Pushkaramoola (Inula racemosa)
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa)
- Cumin seeds (Cuminum cyminum)
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- Amla – (Embilica officinale)
- Duralabha (Fagonia cretica)
- Khadira (Acacia catechu)
- Bijasara (Pterocarpus marsupium)
- Pathya (Terminalia chebula)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia)
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Madhuka (licorice)
- Bharngi (Clerodendrum serratum)
- Kapittha (Feronia limonia)
- Bibhitaka (Terminalia bellirica)
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa)
- Chavya (Piper retrofractum)
- Jatamansi (Nordostachys jatamansi)
- Priyangu (Callicarpa macrophylla)
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus)
- Krishnajeeraka (Carum carvi)
- Trivrit (Operculina turpethum)
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo)
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Pippali (long pepper)
- Puga (Betel nut)
- Shati (Hedychium spicatum)
- Haridra (Curcuma longa)
- Shatapushpa (Anethum sowa)
- Padmaka (Prunus cerasoides)
- Nagakesara (Mesua ferrea)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Indrayava (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Karkatashrungi (Pistacia integerrima)
- Jivaka (Pueraria tuberosa)(Official substitute)
- Rishabhaka (Microstylis wallichii)
- Meda (Polygonatum cirrhifolium)
- Mahameda (Asparagus racemosus)
- Kakoli and ksheerakakoli (Withania somnifera) (Official substitute)
- Rddhi & Vriddhi (Dioscorea bulbifera) (Official substitute)
- Draksha (Raisins)
- Guda (Jaggery)
- Dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa)
- Kankola (Piper cubeba)
- Jala (Coleus vettiveroides)
- Chandana (Santalum album)
- Jatiphala (Myristica fragrans)
- Lavanga (clove)
- Tvak (Cinnamon)
- Ela (Cardamom)
- Patra (Cinnamomum tamala)
- Kataka Phala (Strychnos potatorum)
- Since the preparation contains jaggery, it should be taken by diabetics with caution.
- This medicine contains 5 -10% self generated alcohol in it. Hence should be diluted according to the age and strength of each individual.
- At very high doses, it may cause severe gastric irritation
- It is always better to consult an ayurvedic physician before taking any ayurvedic medicine.
DHANWANTHARI GULIKA TABLET
DHANWANTHARI GULIKA TABLET also known as Dhanwantharam gulika is an ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It serves as a first aid in the treatment of indigestion.
- Respiratory disorders involving difficulty in breathing
- Chronic respiratory disorders
- Increase in Kapha Dosha
- Restores normal pathway of Vata Dosha (useful in bloating, vomiting).
It acts mainly on the vata dosha. Causes vatanulomana – restores normal pathway of vata
1 or 2 pills can be chewed or taken with any adjuvant.
Anupana (co – drink):
- Warm water
- Jeera water
- Any suitable kashayam or arishtam
The ingredients are taken in equal quantities and pounded with decoction of Cumin (Jeeraka Kashaya) and sandalwood decoction (Himambhasa – Chandana kashaya) and Pills are prepared.
Dhanwantharam Gulika works the best with :
- Dasamoolajeerakarishtam in indigestion
- Kanakasavam in breathing difficulty.
- Dhanwantaram Gulika ispossibly safe and well-tolerated in most of the patients.
- It is the best medicine a pregnant woman can take as it facilitates the normal movement of vata and helps in normal delivery.
- Lactating mothers can take this medicine without any possible side effects.
- It can be taken by anyone who has digestive issues for a period of 2 – 3 months time, with gradual decrease in dose.