Mukta Vati for Hypertension - 120 Tablets
Benefits of MUKTA VATI
MUKTA VATI is a fast acting and safe herbal remedy. It does not counteract with any current medications. It helps to
* Regulate High Blood Pressure
* Reduce Inflammation in the Body
* Protect the Heart
* Improve Memory
* Purify Blood
* Protect the Liver
* Relieve Stress and Anxiety
* Treat Insomnia
* Recharge the Mind
* Hypertension/High Blood Pressure
The heart pumps blood to different parts of the body through the arteries. Blood pressure refers to the force of blood pushing up against the walls of the blood vessels as the heart pumps blood. Hypertension or high blood pressure is a medical condition wherein the arteries have persistently elevated blood pressure. This puts the individual at a high risk for Coronary Heart Disease, heart attack and stroke. High BP can also cause damage to the kidneys and other parts of the body.
Blood Pressure is measured as systolic (blood pressure when the heart beats while pumping blood) and diastolic (blood pressure when the heart is at rest between beats) pressures. Normally the systolic number is written above the diastolic as in 120/80. In adults, the measurements are
Normal Blood Pressure – less than 120/80 mmHg
Prehypertension – 120-139/80-89 mmHg
Hypertension Stage I – 140-159/90-99 mmHg
Hypertension Stage II¬ – 160 or higher/100 or higher
If your blood pressure levels remains above the prehypertension measurement most of the time then you are hypertensive. Even if your systolic number is 120 and your diastolic number is 95, you still have Stage I HBP. One important thing to remember is that blood pressure increases with age and at that time these normal ranges may have slight variations. For example, in older people the normal range can be 140/90 mmHg.
Hypertension normally presents with signs like headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and more. The risk factors of high blood pressure include increasing, age, family history, inactivity, being overweight or obese, high sodium diet, low levels of potassium or Vitamin D in the diet, excessive consumption of alcohol, smoking, high stress levels, and other chronic conditions.
Uncontrolled Hypertension is one condition which can affect memory and cognition, sex life, quality sleep, eye and kidney health.
In conventional medicine, diuretics, beta blockers, vasodilators and other drugs are used to treat high blood pressure. The side effects of medications vary. Some people experience mild symptoms while some others have severe ones. Common symptoms of medications are dry mouth, dehydration, constipation, headaches, upset stomach and increased sensitivity to cold or sunlight.
Ayurveda sees high blood pressure as an imbalance in the Doshas and aims at correcting it. Ayurveda recommends diet modifications and lifestyle changes for hypertension. Ayurvedic herbs for hypertension include Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris), Arjuna (Terminalia Arjuna), Sarpagandha (Rauwolfia Serpentina) and Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus Pluricalis). Ayurvedic herbs provide the body with anti oxidants, reduce high blood pressure by relieving stress, protect vital organs like the heart and the liver, reduce angina, and sooth the body.
Recommended Lifestyle Modifications
* As far as possible, eat plant based foods. Include banana, grapes, guava, papaya Indian gooseberry, parsley, bitter gourd, drumsticks and garlic in the diet. Reduce the intake of caffeine.
* Quit smoking and watch on alcohol intake.
* Limit sodium intake and increase potassium in the diet.
* Taking basil leaves (tulsi) and neem are found to be beneficial when taken in the morning.
* Yoga and pranayama (deep breathing exercises) are beneficial. They help to reduce stress and improve sleep.
Ingredients in MUKTA VATI
MUKTA VATI is a nerve and cardiac tonic with beneficial antioxidants. It contains
* Brahmi (Centella Asiatica)
* Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus Pluricalis)
* Arjuna Ghana (Terminalia Arjuna)
* Gazoban (Onosma Bracteatum)
* Jyotishmati (Celastrus Paniculatus)
* Pushkarmool (Inula Racemosa)
* Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera)
* Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia)
* Prawal Pishti (Corallium Rubrum)
* Mukta Pishti (Calcinated shell of Pinctada Margaritifera/Pearl Powder)
You should NOT stop any existing medications suddenly. They can be stopped only gradually and very carefully.
MUKTA VATI should be taken on empty stomach approximately one hour before breakfast in the morning and one hour before dinner at night.
Packaging Size: 120 Tablets
* If your BP is greater than 160/100 mmHG , you should take 2 tabs twice a day.
* If your BP is 150/90 mmHG, take 2 tabs twice a day.
* If your BP is 140/90 mmHg or your blood pressure rises occasionally, you can take 1 tab twice a day.