Ayurvedic treatment for BPH
1. Reduces the frequency of urination, urgency, and hesitancy (trouble starting a urine stream)
2. Relieves the inflammation of the prostate gland, facilitating easy urine flow.
3. Relieves pain, burning or discomfort, if any.
4. Treats incontinence. 5. Improves Ejaculation.
2 months dosage of Ayurvedic treatment for BPH consists of
Punarnavadi kashayam tablets - 100 x 3
Gokshuradi Guggulu - 150 x 1
Chandraprabha vati - 120 x 2
Punarnavadi kashayam tablets - 2 tablets, 30 minutes before breakfast and dinner with warm water.
Gokshuradi Guggulu - 1 tablet after meals thrice a day with warm water.
Chandraprabha vati - 2 tablets after breakfast and dinner with warm water.
Punarnavadi kashayam Tablets
Punarnavadi kashayam tablet is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. Punarnava is an excellent diuretic and is rich in potassium. Punarnava is known to relieve inflammation and is a rejuvenating herb. It prevents wear and tear of tissues, especially in the prostate and bladder region.
Gokshuradi Guggulu is an herbal preparation in tablet form used in Ayurveda for the treatment of urinary and kidney disorders. It acts as a diuretic and improves kidney functions. It helps in BPH by regulating urine flow.
Chandraprabha Vati effectively treats urinary tract infection (UTI) and dysuria caused by prostate enlargement.
Recommended Lifestyle changes
* Urinate when you feel like. Never resist the urge. Even if you don't feel a need to urinate, visit the toilet as a habit.
* Avoid alcohol and caffeine, especially after dinner.
* Avoid drinking a lot of fluid all at once. Spread out fluids throughout the day. Reduce the intake of fluids after 8 pm and avoid drinking fluids within 2 hours of bedtime.
* Check with your doctor if any of your medications have diuretic property. Some medications can aggravate BPH symptoms.
* Exercise regularly. Cold weather and lack of physical activity are seen to worsen symptoms.
* Practise Kegel exercises (Pelvic floor exercises). They are easy to learn and help to strengthen the pelvis.
* Manage stress. Nervousness, anxiety, and tension can lead to more frequent urination, especially at night.
* Avoid spices, condiments, salty diet, red meat, cheese, starchy foods, and sweets. Have a balanced diet with lots of fruits, seeds, nuts, grains, and vegetables [especially tomatoes, spinach, and carrots].
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.However, it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Special care and precaution are required while administering this medicine to people with diabetes, because this medicine may lower the blood sugar levels.
- It is better to avoid this medicine in people suffering from uremia and hyperkalemia or renal failure.