Punarnavadi kashayam is an ayurvedic decoction in a liquid form. It is also known as Punarnavashtaka kashayam with a slight variation.
Oedema associated with anemia
Oedema associated with liver disorders
Urinary tract infections
Obstructive urinary disorders
Oedema during pregnancy
Chronic simple glaucoma
Punarnava is an excellent diuretic and is rich in potassium. Some doctors use this medicine as natural diuretic even in cases of severe hypertension.
10- 15ml of kashayam + 60 ml of warm water one hour before food, twice daily or as prescribed by the doctor.
Punarnavadi kashayam can be taken with:
Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa)
Pichumarda – Neem (Azadirachta indica)
Patola (Trichosanthes dioica)
Nagara – Shunti (Zingiber officinale)
Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
Nisha (Berberis aristata)
Pathya- Hareetaki (Terminalia chebula)
There are no known side effects with this medicine.
However it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
Special care and precaution is required while administering this medicine to people with diabetes, because this medicine may lower the blood sugar levels.
It is better to avoid this medicine in people suffering from uraemia and hyperkalaemia or renal failure.
CHANDRAPRABHA GULIKA TABLET
CHANDRAPRABHA GULIKA TABLET, also called as Chandraprabha vati or Chandraprabha vatika is a tablet which is used in ayurveda for treating various diseases including diabetes, Urinary tract infections etc. Chandra refers to moon and prabha means the light/aura this tablet is as calming and effective as the aura of moon due to the rejuvenative effect on the body.
- Urinary tract disorders
- Dysuria - difficulty to pass urine
- Urinary obstruction
- Urinary calculi
- Bloating or gaseous distension of abdomen
- Abdominal colic
- Anemia, initial stages of liver disorders
- Liver cirrhosis
- Low back ache
- Asthma, respiratory disorders involving difficulty in breathing
- Skin diseasesincluding pruritis
- Splenomegaly /enlarged spleen
- Fistula in ano
- Teeth disorders
- Eye disorders
- Painful periods
- Semen or sperm anomalies
- Low digestion strength
- Anorexia or lack of interest in food
In general practice, this medicine is also given in the following conditions:
- Premature ejaculation
- Nightfall problemin men
- prostate enlargement (BPH)
- High serum creatinine
- Prostatitis, prostate inflammation and infection.
It is called as “sarva roga pranashini” which means it has the ability to cure all the diseases.
It is tridosha hara – which means it pacifies all the three doshas.
It is a rejuvenative, acts as anti aging drug and is an aphrodisiac.
(500 mg tablet) :1 or 2 tablets 1 – 2 times a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Anupana (co – drink):
- Warm water
- Any suitable kashayam
The best method of taking this tablet is to pound it and then mix with suitable kashayam according to the disease condition.
- Chandraprabha – Karpura – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Musta – Nut grass (root) – Cyperus rotundus
- Bhunimba – The Creat (whole plant) – Andrographis paniculata
- Amruta – Indian Tinospora (stem) – Tinospora cordifolia
- Daruka – Himalayan cedar (bark) – Cedrus deodara
- Haridra – Turmeric rhizome – Curcuma longa
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Darvi – Tree Turmeric (stem) – Berberis aristata
- Pippalimoola – Long pepper root – Piper longum
- Chitraka – Lead Wort (root) – Plumbago zeylanica
- Dhanyaka – Coriander – Coriandrum sativum
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica
- Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
- Chavya – Java Long Pepper – Piper chaba
- Vidanga – False black pepper – Embelia ribes
- Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Makshika Dhatu Bhasma – Purified Copper Iron Sulphate
- Yava Kshara – Kshara of Barley – Hordeum vulgare
- Swarjika Kshara
- Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt
- Sauvarchala Lavana – Sochal salt
- Vida Lavana – Vida salt
- Trivrit – Operculina turpethum
- Danti – Baliospermum montanum
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
- Twak – Cinnamon – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Ela – Cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Vamshalochana – Bambusa bambos
- Loha Bhasma – Iron Bhasma
- Sita – Sugar
- Shilajatu – Asphaltum
- Guggulu – Indian bedelium – Commiphora mukul
- Chandraprabha Vati Gulika ispossibly safe and well-tolerated in most of the patients.
- It is not advisable to be taken during pregnancy
- Lactating mothers can take this medicine without any possible side effects.